MARINE AND FRESHWATER ECOSYSTEMS
Didactic guides and texts
Through this guide we invite you to discover the freshwater systems that Patagonia hosts, to be enchanted by their mysteries, and to cohabit this beautiful territory by protecting it through valuable actions in search of sustainable development.
A freshwater-aquaculture ecosystem is a type of ecosystem where freshwater dominates and is home to living beings that are adapted to live in it. From the mountains to the sea, the freshwater system in Patagonia rises from the highest peaks of the Andes connecting glaciers with rivers, fjords and oceans.
We invite you to meet the cetaceans and other marine mammals that accompany the blue whales around the Corcovado Gulf in northern Chilean Patagonia.
This story is based on real events that happened recently. Something is changing in our seas, and that is what Bailahuén, the little blue whale, needs to discover in order to save the sei and all species.
- Inhabitants of Patagonian Waters
- Threats to the freshwater aquaculture system, introduced species
- Threats to the Freshwater System, human causes
- Cetaceans of Melimoyu Bay, Northern Patagonia Chile
- Cetaceans Dive Profiles and Breathes
- Threats to Marine Inhabitants: Potential Effects of Navigation
- Threats to Marine Inhabitants: Physical Contamination
Melimoyu: canto milenario de ballenas
En este disco se honra el canto de ballenas azules y jorobadas, que viaja miles de millas por el mar. los cantos de cetáceos fueron registrados mediante el uso de boyas maru (hidrófonos de alto alcance y complejidad), ubicadas en los principales puntos de avistamiento de ballenas del golfo corcovado. estos registros son realizados por fundación MERI desde el año 2012.
Campaña #BallenaALaVista en la
- Investigating the ecology and behavior of blue whales 2018
- Investigating the ecology and behavior of blue whales 2017
- Investigating the ecology and behavior of blue whales 2016
- Investigating the ecology and behavior of blue whales 2015
- A preliminary investigation into the ecology and behavior of blue whales
Environmental conservation for the care of all
|Review of Gray’s beaked whale (Mesoplodon grayi) in the South East Pacific.2022|
|Seasonal Trends and Diel Patterns of Downsweep and SEP Calls in Chilean Blue Whales.2022|
|Chiang, K.R. Munkittrick, Mark E. Mcmaster, R. Barra and M. Servos. Regional Cumulative Effects Monitoring Framework: Gaps and Challenges for the Biobío River Basin in South Central Chile. Gayana 78(2): 109-119. 2014.|